CAPE TOWN GROUP TRAVEL & EVENTS – TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Tel: +27 21 556 5606 (for International callers)
Fax: 086 616 0300
Address: 51 Porterfield Rd, Bloubergrant, 7441
Bookings, Confirmations and Costs
- All bookings are subject to availability.
- Your booking is confirmed when you receive your invoice.
- Full payment is due strictly 24 hours prior to departure, or before commencement of the service on short notice bookings.
- Method of payment via direct bank transfer (details can be found on our invoices) or the following credit cards: VISA, MASTER CARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS
- We regret that we don’t accept any cash or cheques.
- Rates are quoted in South African Rand (ZAR).
- Bank charges on international bank transfers are strictly for the clients’ account.
- We reserve the right to take immediate legal action should payment not be received timeously.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
Cancellations and Refunds
- We have a 24 hour cancellation period and for any transfer not cancelled or changed in writing 24 hours before the reserved time, a full cancellation fee will be charged.
- Refunds will be paid as follows:
- 0 – 1 day prior to departure – No refund will be paid
- 2 – 5 days prior to departure – a 50% refund will be paid
- 5 or more days prior to departure – a full refund will be paid
3. All cancellations to be in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 086 616 0300
No-shows and punctuality
- It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that sufficient time is allowed to arrive at their destination.
- In the case of a no-show, the full booking fee will be charged, and we reserve the right to take immediate legal action should payment not be received.
- The driver WILL depart the collection point 15 minutes after the scheduled collection time.
- Unforeseen circumstances may delay our service. We request that clients wait 15 minutes after the scheduled collection time before making alternative arrangements.
- NB: Please ensure that we have a mobile number of the passenger(s) so that we can liaise with them should we be unexpectedly delayed.
- As much as we pride ourselves on our reliability and punctuality, unforeseen circumstances may delay or cancel our service without prior notice. Cape Town Group, their employers, agents associates and any other person indirectly in the employ or service of Cape Town Group not be liable for any loss, damage, injury, accident, death, delay or inconvenience to any person or their belongings. Cape Town Group reserves the right to refuse to undertake the conveyance of any passengers.
- There will be no refunds or compensation for entertainment or air-conditioning system failure on our shuttle services.
- NB: Any changes to your itinerary or route, or any new / extra bookings must be made with Cape Town Group and not directly with the driver.
- If a passenger fails to join a transfer no refund or rebate will be made.
- Cape Town Group carries no responsibility for loss or damage to a passenger’s luggage or personal belongings. We recommend that you take out travel insurance from a reputable insurer against all usual and normal risks of loss or damage.
- Cape Town Group will not be held liable for any incidents whatsoever, to your personal items or luggage.
Health and Safety
- The driver has the right to refuse any client who in his/her opinion is a danger to the driver, vehicle or the other passengers.
- In the interest of Health and Safety, Cape Town Group reserves the right to refuse admission to any of our services where it may hinder the health and safety of fellow passengers.
- Smoking and the consumption of alcoholic beverages, or excessive intoxication by use of alcohol or drugs is NOT permitted on our shuttle services under any circumstances and passengers will be refused boarding at the sole discretion of the driver. In the event of the passenger being refused boarding, the passenger will forfeit any right to a refund or compensation.
- No animals will be carried on Cape Town Group with exception of trained guide dogs accompanying a visually impaired passenger.
- Cape Town Group will not be obliged to carry any child under the age of 13 years unless that child is accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Cape Town Group is committed to passenger safety. Each vehicle is insured with passenger liability insurance. We only employ drivers that have been issued a Professional Driving Permit (PDP), which is obtained after they pass a medical examination and once a police clearance certificate has been issued. Our vehicles are maintained to high specification and are inspected daily by management to ensure your safety.
- We completely respect your privacy at Cape Town Group and shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA).
- For your convenience, the PAIA may be downloaded by following the link below:www.polity.org.za/html/govdocs/legislation/2000/act2.pdf
- We will never sell, rent or give away your name, email or address to anyone – ever. We will use your email address only to communicate with you about your orders and information from Cape Town Group.
- Please note that if you register as a customer, your details will be kept in a secure server for your use the next time you book with us.
- However, this information is exclusively used for the handling of your orders and for your added convenience. It will never be sold, rented or given away to a third party.
- Travel routes are decided at the sole discretion of the driver. Suggestions are welcome, but the driver will decide on the final route, and no discussion to the contrary will be entered into.
- For children under the age of 3 years a car seat is mandatory. Cape Town Group offers car seats for children at a fee of R 40.00 per service. Please indicate this when making your reservation.
- We wish to re-iterate that as much as we pride ourselves on our reliability and punctuality, unforeseen circumstances may delay or cancel our service without prior notice. Cape Town Group, their employers, agents associates and any other person indirectly in the employ or service of Cape Town Group not be liable for any loss, damage, injury, accident, death, delay or inconvenience to any person or their belongings. Cape Town Group reserves the right to refuse to undertake the conveyance of any passengers.
- Our call centre is open from 07h00 to 21h00 daily, however our service operates 24 hours a day. Should your booking be outside of our call centre hours, you will be provided with an alternative contact number in case of an emergency.
- These Terms and Conditions may be subject to change without notice.